Fatigue or lack of energy usually affects us all at some time or another. People can feel fatigued physically (in the body) or psychologically (in the mind). It may be due to a medical reason or simply because of poor nutrition, stress or lack of sleep. A few changes to your diet and lifestyle may help boost vitality and well being. A few tips are:
- Drink plenty of water. Dehydration can impair physical energy and decrease alertness and concentration.
- Avoid skipping meals. Not eating for a long period of time causes blood sugar levels to drop and cause tiredness. Try to eat regularly to maintain energy levels throughout the day.
- Eat breakfast. It helps boost metabolism and energy levels.
- Increase physical activity. Exercise improves the working efficiency of the heart, lungs and muscles helping increase energy.
- Eat a healthy diet. Reduce foods that are high in fat, sugar and salt. Instead, choose a variety of vegetable and fruits, wholegrain cereals, low or no fat dairy products and lean cuts of meats.
- Have a good night sleep. It helps prevent day time fatigue and has important health benefits.
- Reduce stress and anxiety levels with relaxation techniques such as yoga or deep breathing exercises. Constant negative emotions like these can zap the body of energy.
- Learn to do nothing/take time out. In our modern world, we are trying to do more now than our predecessors, constantly striving to achieve. Hectic lifestyles are exhausting! Put yourself first by taking a few hours out each week to simply relax which may help to actually increase your energy levels.
- Take a daily multi-vitamin and mineral supplement as nutritional insurance to meet your body’s nutrient needs. This may help reduce the risk of many health problems including fatigue, lowered immunity and impaired cognitive function
- Join our Program @energyretreat. SunRay